Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 2010 Update

Oops, I haven't been updating as much as I should, and reading back over the detail I included about Preston's development has made me realise I should really be doing the same for Maxwell.

He is nearly 15 months now and is a very busy little boy with 7 teeth. He runs around after Preston and he wants to be just like him. He loves coming along to Kindy when I drop off and pick up Preston - he feels like a big boy when he stand on tiptoes and reaches into the water trough to splash about.

Last week he started daycare for two part days a week. It's a lovely daycare, much better than the one Preston went to. It will take him a while to get over the separation anxiety, but he will be fine. Lots of other people look after him at home and he's ok with that - it's just a new location with lots of strange (but friendly) faces.

Maxwell is desperately trying to talk. He tries really hard to say words especially these:
Mama, Dada, Mummy (mummeeeeeeee!), Daddy, kitty, please, thank you, nose, shoe, sock, bag, keys, cheese, dog, kindy, eat, (ba)nana, Nana, MINE! and a whole lot more that I can't think of. He still does some baby sign language.

Preston is nearly 4½ and is a total know-it-all. Today he said "Mummy, I just bought a new game on your phone." I said "what? how?" He replies "I downloaded it from the App store - don't worry, I didn't need your password." Oh.

He loves playing video games, and on Dan's new iPad. I'm not sure if he realises that probably none of the other kids at kindy have all the tech stuff he's allowed to play with!

And on the days that Maxwell is at daycare, Preston has really missed him. I'll pick him up from kindy and he'll ask where Maxwell is, and then spend the next few hours pestering me with "is it time to get Maxwell yet? What about NOW?" So that's cute.